Some Construction Owners Need Specific Results If a power plant owner needs to retrofit its plant to comply with specific restrictions on emissions, it needs to hire designers and contractors to achieve this result. This poses contracts problems with allocating risks because of the way insurance policies are written. Contract Agreement Forms Have Adapted Construction… Read More »Guarantees and Insurance
GMP Contract Lessons for Owners from MBTA GLx Experience
The MBTA’s Green Line Extension project axed its contractors after an independent study by Berkley Research Group analyzed reasons for ballooning costs. Lessons on Stopping GMP Cost Overruns for Construction Owners • Have a budget and accept value engineering options to maintain it • Make the Designer design to the budget in a minimum number… Read More »GMP Contract Lessons for Owners from MBTA GLx Experience
Mechanical and structural engineers were among the first to use BIM. CM’s saw this and “rushed to claim they had the same capabilities”. Who leads, who owns coordination on a project using BIM? The need to coordinate the design engineered plans and the work of the trade contractors has been an interface where roles are… Read More »Coordination – a New, Needed Role
The insurance requirements worked in this 2018 North Carolina case, in forcing the lower tier sub’s primary general liability and umbrella insurers to pay for defense and for the amount of the settled claim. Continental Cas. Co. v. Amerisure Ins. Co., Typical claim arrangement. Injury to employee of sub-sub. Lawsuit against Sub, General and Owner. Four… Read More »Contractual risk transfer – this time it worked.
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.