Comprehensive standards for elements of Building Information Modeling were recently updated and published at http://www.nationalbimstandard.org/. They propose a plan for everyone to agree on transmitting, preserving and updating information and a dictionary of nouns and adjectives for building elements. Even as participants unify on standards for terminology and BIM uses, a problem remains with contracts… Read More »National BIM Standards
Massachusetts MBTA ran into problems managing construction projects under the terms of the deals it signed. Why do government owners have problems with contracting styles common to private work? Contractors All Thrown off After Study The MBTA found that after years of planning for the Green Line extension project that the construction costs were way… Read More »MBTA Struggles with its Own Building Contracts
IPD/ Lean Construction Project Counsel Leadership Style
Construction teams are positioned on the frontier -leading the change in the way work gets done. A capable Project Counsel can create the setting. Presaging changes coming to construction, Bill Drayton the founder of Ashoka gave a Stanford Business School podcast Here is my summary of his talk. On a team, there is not one person… Read More »IPD/ Lean Construction Project Counsel Leadership Style
Integrated Contracts No Good If Owners Can Ignore Reality
You have to want to integrate Contractors’ walking off a Denver VA Hospital project, was justified by a decision of the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals who said the Owner’s dysfunctional staff prohibited the integration required by the Integrated Design and Construct contract. The VA culture “does not encourage or is [not] comfortable with new… Read More »Integrated Contracts No Good If Owners Can Ignore Reality
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.