Vermont Condo Association Can Sue Developer but not Builder
A recent Vermont case found a Condominium Association in Stow trying to sue a builder for water infiltration and expenses for repair and remediation of the condos. The builder, Engelberth Construction had its contract with the developer. The builder got let out of the case because it had no contract with the Condo Association. The… Read More »Vermont Condo Association Can Sue Developer but not Builder
Strict Compliance for Construction Contract Recovery, Softer Standards for Equity
G4S TECHNOLOGY LLC v MASS TECHNOLOGY PARK CORP. Mass SJC 2018 FACTS Government owner hired design builder for $45M project (internet backbone for 400,000 Western Mass users). The contract included requisition certifications that subcontractors had been paid and liquidated damages for late finish. Project got delayed. Owner held back payment on requisitions. Contractor issued change… Read More »Strict Compliance for Construction Contract Recovery, Softer Standards for Equity
Project Counsel Governed by 3rd Party Neutral Rules?
Massachusetts updated its rules for lawyers in March 2014. How would such rules govern Project Counsel on an IPD project engaged to meld the parties without representing any one of them? I expect the “3rd Party Neutral” rules would, well… rule. A lawyer in that role, would “assist 2 or more persons who are not… Read More »Project Counsel Governed by 3rd Party Neutral Rules?
P3’s and Beyond – the Next Decade of Construction Projects Report by Chuck Cobb on ABA Construction Industry Forum September 2013 Meeting Construction lawyers from around the US gathered for the ABA Construction industry forum’s meeting with presentations about P3’s or Public Private Partnerships. Public owners are looking to ways to finance projects in an… Read More »P3 Construction Lawyers Meeting
Massachusetts top Court issued a much awaited decision Coughlin Electric v Gilbane Building Co ruling on construction contracting methods and the scope of duty between Owners/ Designers and Construction Managers under the relatively new Construction Manager at Risk arrangement. New contracting methods involve the builder sooner, during the design process. The Court had to allocate… Read More »Owner Warrants Some Design Adequacy to CM At Risk
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.