Often mediators press parties to weigh the cost of going through to verdict, rather than agreeing to a compromise settlement. Mediation allows parties to create their own result, while verdicts are given by twelve “good and ordinary members” of the venire or local populace. juryverdictscivilcasesma2015
Among the big reasons to reach an agreement to resolve a case are the costs and uncertainty of jury verdicts.
Decisions about settlement can be aided by knowing that under 1.4% of big money civil Superior Court cases filed in Massachusetts resulted in a jury verdict.
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.