Comprehensive standards for elements of Building Information Modeling were recently updated and published at http://www.nationalbimstandard.org/. They propose a plan for everyone to agree on transmitting, preserving and updating information and a dictionary of nouns and adjectives for building elements. Even as participants unify on standards for terminology and BIM uses, a problem remains with contracts… Read More »National BIM Standards
Subcontractors can bring claims after their work is done in Massachusetts. Alert contractors will have a 30 day window to give a good response in writing. Proper documentation of problems is more important than ever.
More and more states have passed laws prohibiting agreements that require someone to answer a claim entirely caused by the person seeking reimbursement or indemnity. It has been standard in construction to push risks onto other parties who then get insurance for those exposures. The new laws prohibiting these formerly common provisions, have created uncertainty… Read More »Anti Indemnity Law and Wrap Insurance
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.