Retaliatory firing deprived worker of commissions that ripened later but legal penalties tripled the entire sum. Massachusetts SJC Parker v EnterNOC, Inc. (2020) FACTS Parker made a base salary and commissions working for EnterNOC marketing energy efficiency services. Parker made a $20M sale to occur over 5 years but only the first year was guaranteed,… Read More »Wages lost as a result of retaliation get tripled
Workers who collect worker’s comp payouts lose the right to sue their employer. Any other party who could be legally liable remains open to suit. (If the worker wins the tort case, it must repay worker’s comp for its outlays). Who enjoys this employers’ immunity from suit? The exclusive remedy of Worker’s Comp is exclusive… Read More »Joint Corporations Enjoy Comp Immunity
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.