How do you know who gets fees for prevailing in a Massachusetts Wage Act case? Whole case settled except for attorney’s fees Mass SJC – encourage correction of unlawful behavior by rewarding Wage Act attorneys Use the catalyst test for fee requests to see who prevailed. FACTS A Massachusetts Wage Act case Ferman v Sturgis… Read More »Mass Wage Act Fee Rule Stated
Jury Verdicts Are Rare in Massachusetts Civil Cases
Civil lawsuits in Massachusetts almost never get decided by juries. Fewer than 1.4% of all Superior Court Civil cases in 2015 actually ended with jury decisions. In the Superior Court, where jurisdiction depends on a dispute over more than $25,000, almost 20,000 civil (non-criminal) cases were disposed of in 2015 (the last year for which… Read More »Jury Verdicts Are Rare in Massachusetts Civil Cases
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.