With Reservation of Rights, Policyholders Pick Their Own Lawyers
If you get sued, send notice to your insurance company seeking a defense and indemnity. If in response, you get a “reservation of rights letter” back from the insurance company, they may or may not pay your claim. If they do reserve their right not to indemnify you, you can pick your own lawyer and the… Read More »With Reservation of Rights, Policyholders Pick Their Own Lawyers
Ten Tips for Massachusetts Property Insurance Claims
You have paid premiums, now you have a claim because your property got damaged. How does that work? Give Notice Early – Contact the insurer to give notice of claim. The initial notice need not be detailed. You Are Your Claim # – Know your Claim # – this is the key to the door… Read More »Ten Tips for Massachusetts Property Insurance Claims
INSURER OWES NO ATTORNEY’S FEES ON VERDICT ON UNCOVERED CLAIMS
Homeowner/ Contractor Insurer dispute goes 15 years. Styller v National Fire & Marine Insurance Company Mass App Ct 2019 PARTIES – Homeowner Styller hired contractor FCMNH in 2004 for demo and repair of his home. FCMNH was insured under a general liability policy by National Fire & Marine. CLAIMS FROM THE WORK Unhappy with the… Read More »INSURER OWES NO ATTORNEY’S FEES ON VERDICT ON UNCOVERED CLAIMS
This site was created using WordPress and uses Google Analytics to understand how posts are being received.
• This site has Google Analytics Advertising Features implemented involving Google Analytics cookies.
• Some of the ads you receive on pages across the internet are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different web-sites. This type of ad customization — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies as well as other non-cookie technologies.
• Sliver Lake Legal has no policy or intent to use first and third party cookies together.
• Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).
• Users should also visit Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.